HANDS of Central Florida,Inc. - Mission
HANDS was founded to assist Central Florida communities to increase the supply and availability of affordable housing, both rental and ownership. HANDS achieves this mission by providing the following services:
- A Resource web-directory offering housing information and referral services to Central Florida residents about affordable housing alternatives available to them.
- As a HUD-Certified Housing Counseling Agency, HANDS offers counseling services in group or One-on-One sessions which cover: Pre-purchase, Post-Purchase, Budget/Credit analysis, Foreclosure or Default counseling, Home Equity Reverse Mortgage Counseling and Rental/Landlord Tenant Counseling.
- Technical assistance and information to developers, builders and others interested in affordable housing in Central Florida.
- Assistance to Central Florida governments in implementation of the affordable housing element of their Consolidated Plans; and
- As a Community Housing Development Agency (Federally Approved Housing Developer) HANDS develops affordable single and multi-family housing units. HANDS owns over 880 affordable rent units in three counties and builds 5-10 single family homes on scattered lots annually.
In accomplishing this mission, HANDS works to establish partnerships with other non-profits organizations, governments and the business community to build, acquire, and rehabilitate and manage low cost housing units which are sold or rented to individuals and families well below market rate.